FORK 1003 Preparatory course in Mathematics, Economics and Econometrics
- Course description for FORK 1003 Preparatory course in Mathematics, Economics and Econometrics.
- This is a preparatory course for the Master of Science in Business, Finance and Applied Economics covering mathematics, economics, and econometrics
- For material from last year's preparatory course, see FORK 1003 Mathematics 2020/21
- The lecture notes from the course will be posted after each lecture. There is no compulsory reading for the preparatory course in mathematics.
- [E] Eriksen, Graduate Mathematics for Business, Economics and Finance, Cappelen Damm 2021 (compulsory reading for GRA6035 Mathematics) can also be used for the preparatory course.
- The self-test can be taken before the FORK 1003 Preparatory course in Mathematics (to see if you need to follow the course), or after the preparatory course (to see if you have learned the material and are prepared for your MSc courses).
- Self-test: Test for FORK 1003 Preparatory course in Mathematics - Solutions
- Self-evaluation: Max score for each problem on the test is given, with a total of 84p. A score of 50p or more is acceptable, a score of 65p or more is very good, and a score of 75-84p is excellent.
- This is the lecture plan for August 2021. Due to covid-19, there will also be live streaming of the lectures. We hope that many students can follow the lectures live on campus.
- I can be contacted by email. My office in BI Nydalen is B4-032.
|Mon Aug 09: 0900-1145, A1-040||Lecture 1: Linear systems and Gaussian elimination||[E] 1.1 - 1.5 - Solutions|
|Mon Aug 09: 1400-1645, A1-040||Lecture 2: Functions in one variable and the derivative||Problems - Solutions|
|Tue Aug 10: 0900-1145, A1-040||Lecture 3: Matrices and vectors, matrix multiplication, inverse matrices||[E] 2.1-2.2, 3.1, 3.3 - Solutions|
|Tue Aug 10: 1400-1645, A1-040||Lecture 4: Optimization in one variable. Integration.||[E] B.1 - B.10 - Solutions|
|Wed Aug 11: 0900-1145, A1-040||Lecture 5: Determinants||[E] 3.4, 3.6, 3.7 - Solutions|
|Wed Aug 11: 1400-1645, A1-040||Lecture 6: Partial derivatives and optimization in two variables||[E] 5.1abcd, 5.2, 6.3ab - Solutions|
Economics and Econometrics
A video course will be offered. It will be available from It's Learning in August.