EBA 0003 Mathematics for Business Analytics
- Course description for EBA 0003 Mathematics for Business Analytics, a core course in the BSc Business Analytics programme. The course will cover calculus in one variable, integration, matrices and linear systems, and calculus in two variables (including optimization with or without constraints), with emphasize on applications in econmics and finance.
- The course will run for the first time in the 2019/2020 academic year.
- [EMEA] Sydsæter, Hammond et al, Essential Mathematics for Economic Analysis, Pearson 2016 - textbook.
- Two home exams (to be handed in individually), one in the autumn and one in the spring semester, grade passed/not passed. Both must be passed to complete the course.
- Multiple choice exam at the end of the autumn semester (3h, counts 20%), and written exam at the end of the spring semester (5h, counts 80%), with grade A-F. Both exams must be passed to complete the course.
- There will be re-take exams each semester for all exams.
- Lectures: TBA
- Exercise sessions: TBA